Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A David Update...

First, let me say thank you to all for the many prayers for David.  For those who don't know what has been going on here is a quick update.  Last Wednesday, Feb. 25th, David woke up and was having trouble walking.  I just blew it off and went to the gym.  After my pilates class I had a message from him saying he couldn't walk.  I rushed home, called his doctor and they told me to take him to the ER.  Well, that was all fine and dandy, but he couldn't walk and I couldn't get him in the car.  I had to call an ambulance to come and get him...that was fun.  They took him to the ER where they admitted him and then tried to manage his pain with drugs like morphine, vicoden, flexaril, etc.  None of these gave him much, if any, relief.  On Thursday, which was the day we were suppose to be leaving for our Mexican vacation, he had a nerve block....that didn't work.  So finally, after they gave us no answers and David got no pain relief they sent him home with LOTS of meds.  So since we've been home David has been banished to the bed only getting up to use the restroom, but even that is a task.  We have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on Wednesday, and we are praying that he has answers.  Please keep us in your prayers and pray that the doctors finally figure out what is going wrong and then have the urgency to FIX it!!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I hate that y'all missed your trip, but I hope David is feeling better very soon!